[nas] audiooss, auplay xmmsnas can't parse default x-server

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Dec 1 17:25:30 MST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Hendrik Wouters wrote:

> when on x-display 0.0, nas-programs seem to route the audio to the
> x-server by default, but when on display 1.0, nas-programs can't send
> audio to x-server.

 	Hi,

 	In the absence of the AUDIOSERVER environment variable, the
nas clients will look at $DISPLAY, and then a builtin default of
localhost:0 .

 	Try setting and exporting AUDIOSERVER=<your nas server machine>:1

 	Note, you must have a nas server running on the proper port.  The
default is :0.  If you want audio directed to :1 , make sure you started
nasd with the option ':1' ie:

 	nasd -aa :1

> Greetings Hendrik
>
> P.S. I start a second screen with 'X -query <xdmcp-host-ip>:1', and a
> third with 'X -query <xdmcp-host-ip>:1'

 	? You cannot have 2 X servers handling :1.. Did you mean :2 for
the third screen?

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad