[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

rhfreeman at micron.com rhfreeman at micron.com
Thu Apr 22 02:33:46 MDT 2004

> > Init: will close device when finished with stream.
> >

> 	The rest may be in your syslog...  Then again, the
> solaris driver has a lot less debugging output than the voxware
driver.

The solaris driver seems very quiet I'm afraid! :( I can't find anything
else in any of the debug logs.

> > When it stopped playing, a truss on nasd shows this:
> >
> >  ioctl ( 6, AUDIO_DRAIN, 0x00000000 ) ( sleeping... )
> >
> > This happens with both nasd 1.6 and 1.6c. We are running the SunRay
> > server 2 software.
> >
> > Do you want me to send along some of the files that work/don't work?
> >

> 	Feel free to do so (some of the ones that failed).  I fixed a
> problem sometime ago in libaudio that had these symptoms.  I
> can at least
> see if this shows up on voxware anyway... There are others on
> this list
> who have more experience with the sunray's...

I've attached two such WAV files in the tar.gz. Once comes with Windows,
one comes with Solaris. Both play once, and then cause nasd to hang via
audemo. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

Thanks for your help with this so far!

Rich