[nas] segfault with 1.6a

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue Dec 30 02:08:52 MST 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 11:17:17PM -0400, Lex Spoon wrote:
>I am using the Debian package of NAS 1.6a, and am seeing NAS programs
>segfault right when they start.  Specifically, auinfo crashes
>immediately, and so does  "alsaplayer -o nas" and that fails.  Squeak
>runs fine, but it appears to have been statically linked against an
>older version of libaudio.
>
>After I recompile libaudio from NAS 1.6, I see no more segment faults in
>auinfo or "alsaplayer -o nas", even though I have left the server at
>1.6a.  Thus, it seems to be a problem with libaudio.
>
>The machine is a Debian/unstable box, recently upgraded.  I am using
>ALSA sound drivers, and specifically the modules "snd-card-via686a" and
>"snd-ac97-codec".  I'll share any info I can to help debug this!

Open a Debian bug against the libaudio2 package, then... :-)

I (obviously) didn't see this problem in the quick testing I did
before upload of the new packages. A core dump would be very useful,
if you can generate one.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there