[nas] segfault with 1.6a

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Dec 30 01:58:31 MST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Lex Spoon wrote:

> From: Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu>
> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:17:17 -0400
> Subject: [nas] segfault with 1.6a
> To: nas at radscan.com
> 	autolearn=no version=2.60
>
> I am using the Debian package of NAS 1.6a, and am seeing NAS programs
> segfault right when they start.  Specifically, auinfo crashes
> immediately, and so does  "alsaplayer -o nas" and that fails.  Squeak
> runs fine, but it appears to have been statically linked against an
> older version of libaudio.
>
> After I recompile libaudio from NAS 1.6, I see no more segment faults in
> auinfo or "alsaplayer -o nas", even though I have left the server at
> 1.6a.  Thus, it seems to be a problem with libaudio.
>
> The machine is a Debian/unstable box, recently upgraded.  I am using
> ALSA sound drivers, and specifically the modules "snd-card-via686a" and
> "snd-ac97-codec".  I'll share any info I can to help debug this!

	Yow.  I am not seeing this on Mandrake 7.1, and 9.1, as well as
slackware 8.0.  libaudio did go though it's ANSI facelift in 1.6a, but if
something got screwed up, I would think it would show up on one of my
systems...

	When you tried the 1.6a libs, did you build them yourself or were
they pre-packaged from someone... Also, can you get a stack trace of an
auinfo run when it cores?

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad