[nas] NAS 1.6a (devel) is now available
jon at radscan.com
Tue Dec 23 00:45:02 MST 2003
.. at http://radscan.com/nas.html
Sorry for the delay...
It includes some patches sent in as well as ANSIfication of
libaudio. Here is the release notes snippet:
- preparing a long overdue development release
- ANSI'ification of libaudio. What a fun, tedeous job. There
were a few errors in libaudio that were pointed out.
There seemed to be some confusion with the order of
arguments to the AuSoundRecordToFile*() functions.
The function declarations were made to match the prototype
definition and the man page.
- Modified Scott Presnell's patch to not enable BSD44SOCKETS
on Linux or SVR4 systems. There are some structure members
used that are not present on these (and perhaps other)
If you run into compilation problems with ConnSvr.c relating
to invalid structure members, look at the define of
BSD44SOCKETS in Imakefile and correct for your system as
needed. Oh, send me the patch as well? :)
- added some more useful debugging info. If you get the old
'cannot create audio block connection info" try running
nasd with '-v -d 99' and see what the real error is.
- certain ioctl() requests are no longer fatal (like
SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_RECSRC and SOUND_MIXER_READ_RECSRC).
Recording may not work properly if these fail though.
- added patch from Marty Leisner cleaning up a couple of error
messages in server/os/connection.c
- added a patch to the contrib section by Laurent Vivier - this
patch adds NAS support to the esound daemon on AIX systems.
Should be reasonably portable to other platforms as well.
Rumor has it that the Ximian folks are adding this support
officially into esound.
- set timer in auvoxware.c to trigger when 50% of the samples
are predicted to be consumed... This hopefully will help
with underruns on some systems/OS's... I'm not sure why
this is happening on those systems (it's not happened on any
of the systems I've used NAS on), so this should probably
be considered a harmless workaround.
- Patch from Scott Presnell to set BSD44SOCKETS properly for
- patch from Steve McIntyre correcting a typo in Xtutil.h
Jon Trulson mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
"I am Nomad." -Nomad
More information about the Nas