[nas] Running server error

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Sep 16 12:22:08 MDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, CHICH Vincent wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:26:37 +0200
> From: CHICH Vincent <vincent.chich at c-s.fr>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] Running server error
>

> Hi,
>
> I m trying to use nas-1.5 on a redhat 7.2
>
> I installed a rpm package and tryed to run "nasd" it worked and I also ran
> auInfo and auDemo but when I asked auDemo to play a .wav it didn't work.
>
> Then I 've killed the server and try to start it again but it didn't work
> any more. I gave me the following message:
>
> $ nasd -d 99
> AuInitPhysicalDevices();
> Init: will close device when finished with stream
> Init: will initialize mixer device options
>
> openDevice OUT /dev/dsp mode 2
>
> Fatal server error
> could not create audio connection block info.

	This usually occurs when the device can't be opened for some
reason (ie: some other program like esd, artsd, etc has the device
open).  running strace on it might point toward a clue...

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.