[nas] issue about libaudio.so

Andreas Voegele voegelas at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 9 06:12:11 MST 2002

Jon Trulson writes:

> > This may be a bug in Debian.  According to XFree86's linux.cf, X11
> > should be built with SharedLibXau set to YES under HPPA:
> >
> >  #  ifdef HPArchitecture
> >  [...]
> >  #   define SharedLibXau		YES
> >  #  endif /* HPArchitecture */
> >
> > It seems that the Debian maintainers have changed this setting.
> > Probably they use the same configuration on all architectures.

> > > [...]

>        Ok, I've changed the libaudio Imakefile to not use -lXau if
> HPArchitecture is defined... This should solve the problem.

> > > [...]

> 	Ahh... So should I undo this change then?

I don't think so. With the change in the libaudio Imakefile you're on
the safe side.

If libaudio.so isn't linked against libXau.so, programs that link
against libaudio.so have to be linked against libXau explicitly.
AFAIK this has to be done under HP-UX anyway, so HPPA users should be
used to this procedure :-)