[nas] Installation help

Jon Trulson jon at xig.com
Fri Jan 18 13:34:35 MST 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Janyne Kizer wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:30:33 -0500
> From: Janyne Kizer <janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] Installation help
>
> Hello, Dave Richards, a listmember, kindly pointed me to NAS as a way
> use sound on NCD terminals running from a Linux server.  I'm coming from
> more of a Novell background than a Linux one and I am a little bit stuck
> already.
>
> I downloaded the files and followed the directions in the README and
> BUILDNOTES as best I could.  This is what I have done
>
> gunzip nas-1.5.src.tar.gz
> tar -xvf nas-1.5.src.tar
> xmkmf
> make World
> make install DESTDIR=/usr/tmp/nas
> make install.man DESTDIR=/usr/tmp/nas

	Well, not having any of those puppies to play with, all you should
be have to do once compiled and installed is something like:

export AUDIOSERVER=<hostname>:0

	where <hostname> is the hostname of your NCD box.

	Then try something like:

	auplay <some wav file>

	and see if anything comes out your speakers ;-)

Jon Trulson    work: mailto:jon at xig.com, home: mailto:jon at radscan.com
Xi Graphics, Inc.  http://www.xig.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <stddisclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, too much Peach.