[nas] multiple dsp devices under linux?

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Thu Jan 10 07:25:51 MST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Paul Fox wrote:
>(i have played with audiooss for some things, and it works
>quite well.  i did find that it seems quite a bit less
>efficient than a native NAS app though.  the specific case
>i'm thinking of was using a "regular" mpg123 process along
>with audiooss vs.  a nas-enabled mpg123.

That's because it is rather inefficient - at least regarding mpg123's orgy
of "open all possible sample rate / sample format / monostereo
combinations to see if they exist, before trying what the user told us"

I might deal with that when I find time. I have a good idea of how :)

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to