[nas] Re: NAS or Solaris deadlock...

Tobias Diedrich td at informatik.uni-hannover.de
Fri Feb 15 11:57:11 MST 2002

Erik Inge Bolsø wrote:

> >	The first trace (nas) seems to be the issue - it's waiting in
> >open(), which it should never be doing for any significant amount of
> >time.  This - at first glance anyway - looks like a kernel problem.
> >If the open() never returns, what can nasd do?  Out of curiousity, how
> >many opens via libaudio are occurring?
>
> 50-200, I'd guess - mpg123 iterates through all combinations of a small
> list of frequencies, formats and mono/stereo, and tries to set those
> settings to see what it has available. In current audiooss, that's handled
> by a teardown-and-reopen-with-new-settings. I believe I've seen a patch to
> handle it in a more lazy way... Tobias?

Yes, but I did not rediff it agains the new version yet...

On a related note, my nas output plugin for mplayer does not like the
new thread-safe libaudio. I have not investigated much, but I assume it
deadlocks because one thread is waiting in AuNextEvent (maybe this grabs
the lock ?) and the other tries writeBuffer, which never returns
(because the lock is grabbed by AuNextEvent ? But no events will happen
until I write something...).

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
Hannover Fantreffen ML: mailto:fantreffen-request at mantrha.de?subject=subscribe