[nas] NAS 1.5 problem

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Feb 6 10:05:59 MST 2002

On 6 Feb 2002, Raymond Toy wrote:

> Date: 06 Feb 2002 11:52:03 -0500
> From: Raymond Toy <toy at rtp.ericsson.se>
> Subject: [nas] NAS 1.5 problem
>

> I've used NAS for a very long time and finally decided to upgrade to
> 1.5.
>
> It seems to work, but I'm having some problems when I start nasd on my
> RH 7.1 system.
>
> With DISPLAY=:0.0, I start nasd -aa.  It starts.  When I try to
> connect with auinfo, auinfo hangs.
>
> If I start like nasd -aa :1, and run (AUDIOSERVER=:1  auinfo),
> everything works as expected.
>
> I tried poking around with strace, and I see in the first case that
> nasd is connecting to host 0.0.0.0 and eventually fails.  In the
> second case it also binds to host 0.0.0.0, but immediately succeeds
> and creates /tmp/.sockets/audio1.  Everything works just fine then.
>
> Is there a bug here?  Am I doing something wrong here?

	If you are building NAS with STARTSERVER, then yes there is a bug.
The AuStartServer() call doesn't properly handle unix addresses
(tcp/host:port) but does handle the X format (:server).  If this is the
case, I have a fix I can send you.  Meant to put it up in a dev release
last weekend but didn't have time.

	If you are not using STARTSERVER, then the problem is elsewhere
and I'll try to duplicate it.

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.