[nas] NAS cards

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Feb 4 10:24:10 MST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Raymond T. Joseph wrote:

> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 01:35:42 -0600
> From: Raymond T. Joseph <rtjoseph at ev1.net>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] NAS cards
>
> I would like to find some sources of cards that will receive the audio data
> from a 100MB network and deliver analog output (possible to a powered
> speaker).  I don't need any other user functions for the card.
>
> Are there cards designed just for NAS?  Are there cards that could be
> programmed to manage NAS?

	Well, there are no cards that are 'designed' to work with NAS...
Basically, if your OS (linux, etc) supports your sound hardware, and NAS
supports your OS, that is all you need.  NAS will use the Operating
Systems interface to the hardware (OSS, etc).

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.