[Fwd: [nas] Re: Extending Nas functionality?]

Jade Eloff jadee at adsmr.co.za
Wed Dec 4 21:34:56 MST 2002

Hi,

I figured out how to basically play back and record the same flow
simultaneously. I was trying to do it in the nas client but that is a
bit complex. I had to change the server so that whatever was sent to the
speaker (correctly mixed N flows) was also written to a file (in Raw
format). You just need to know what it was written as (sampling rate,
MSB, etc.) to play it back audibly.

I found a small problem in the Voxware server code, it doesn't remember
that I specified that my in and out device are different dsp devices.
(this is when I specify that I would like my device to be relesed when
NAS isn't using it). What happens is that NAS releases the IN and OUT
devices, sets their fd to -1, then when it reopens them checks if they
have the same fd (both now -1) and then sets sndStatIn = sndStatOut.
Adding the check that fd != -1 solves the problem. I don't know if this
happens in any of the other dda server code...

Thanks
Jade