[nas] 1.4.2b runtime problems

Matt Schalit mschalit at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 17 16:21:36 MDT 2001

Hi folks,

  I built and installed nas-1.4.2b on UnixWare 7.1.1.
When I go to test the system in X, using a terminal
I follow the directions in the README and when I get
to the point that I type auinfo, I see;

  audiolib: warning, client is protcol rev 2.2, server is 11.0!
  auinfo: unable to connect to audio server.

  What'd I do wrong?  If it helps at all, here's
what nasd reported when I started it:

ddaSetConfig() : unknown token 276, ignored
+++ Maxfrags set to 3
+++ Minfrags set to 2
Fragsize set to 256
+++ Maxfrags set to 3
+++ Minfrags set to 2
Fragsize set to 256
AuInitPhysicalDevices();
Init: will close device when finished with stream.
Init: will initialize mixer device options.
openDevice OUT /dev/dsp mode 2
openDevice(1) IN /dev/dsp1 mode 0
setupSoundcard(...);
++ Setting up Output device
+++ requesting wordsize of 16, got 16
+++ requesting 2 channel(s), got 2 channel(s)
+++ Requesting minimum sample rate of 5000, got 5000
+++ Requesting maximum sample rate of 33000, got 33000
setTimer(rate = 0);
createServerComponents(...);
closeDevice: out
closeDevice OUT /dev/dsp mode 2
closeDevice: mixer
serverReset();
setTimer(rate = 0);
closeDevice: out
closeDevice: output device already closed
closeDevice: mixer
                                 <---- Here's when it waited for clients...
closeDevice: mixerdevice already closed
done.