[nas] NAS 1.4.2d (devel) is available

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Nov 30 21:49:08 MST 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Erik Inge Bolsø wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:11:28 +0100 (CET)
> From: Erik Inge Bolsø <knan at mo.himolde.no>
> To: Jon Trulson <jon at radscan.com>
> Cc: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: Re: [nas] NAS 1.4.2d (devel) is available
>
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Jon Trulson wrote:
> >	on http://radscan.com/nas.html
> >
> >	The big change is an attempt at threadsafety for libaudio.
> >
> >1.4.2d  11/25/2001
> >
> >	- implemented locking in libaudio via Xthread mutexes.  This
[...]

> Woohoo! Thanks for this one, Jon, now I'm completely unable to make xmms
> hang when I use it with libaudiooss, even the "trash volume from left to
> right and back very fast" test that trivially crashed things earlier
> work now :)

	Great!  I was hoping it would help you there.  You'll probably
still want to keep the mutexes you put into libaudiooss around, to protect
the critical sections present in that library, but you shouldn't have to
use them to protect libaudio calls anymore.  So far I think it's
doing well ;-)

I did have one report of problems building with gcc under Solaris 8...
Anybody else tried it on Solaris? gcc or otherwise?

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.