[nas] NCD Terminals

Dave Richards drichard at largo.com
Wed Nov 7 07:11:04 MST 2001

RealPlayer 8 works with NCD terminals.  Well, mostly works.  There is a
slight endian problem when you run an NCD terminal in 16 bit color and
display RealPlayer from a Linux/Intel host.  I have been working with Greg
from Real on that problem and I'm hoping that it was fixed in the
realplayer 9 beta.  Realplayer 9 seemed to locked up the NCD terminal, and
I haven't felt like messing with that yet.  I'll get back on that in the
next few weeks.

So all you do is bring down Realplayer 8 for Linux, install NAS on your
Linux server, install the redirection software from the NAS page.  My
realplayer startup script looks like this-->

DISPLAY=$1
export DISPLAY
#
# Strip DISPLAY down to the /etc/hosts type name
#
SDISPLAY=`echo $DISPLAY | awk -F ":" ' {print $1}'`
export SDISPLAY
#
# Set AUDIOSERVER to the display and port 8000 (NAS)
#
AUDIOSERVER=tcp/$SDISPLAY:8000
export AUDIOSERVER

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0
export LD_PRELOAD

#/usr/local/RealPlayer7/realplay &
/u/RealPlayer8/realplay &