[nas] another patch for auplay

R. P. Channing Rodgers, M.D. rodgers at nlm.nih.gov
Mon Jan 29 11:28:18 MST 2001

> On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Paul Fox wrote:
>
> > From: Paul Fox <pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us>
> > To: jon at radscan.com
> > Subject: [nas] another patch for auplay
> >
> > i wrote, in private mail to jon:
> >  > > i have another patch that i can send as well -- the utility is
> [...]
>

> > these patches were driven by my home voice-response menuing system.
>
> 	Sounds interesting... what do you use for voice recognition?
Jon,

Don't know what Paul is using, but I'm interested in using the recently
released sphinx code from CMU for such applications.  Just got it going
on our SPARTC/Solaris platform thanks to the kindness of Heidi Fox of
Brown Univ. who shared her patches for Solaris.  I believe the original
release supports Linux already:

   http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/

I'm hopeful that folks on this list can sort out the interesting
problems that have been discussed in the past few days with respect
to making network-distributed audio services more flexible and robust
to better enable systems like festival, for the text-to-speech end of
things.

Cheerio, Rick Rodgers