[nas] Multiple defines under Mac OS X

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Dec 4 22:06:34 MST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Jason Lunn wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 01:05:38 -0500
> From: Jason Lunn <galactus at mac.com>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] Multiple defines under Mac OS X
>
> I am trying to see if I can get NAS to compile under Mac OS X.
>
> So far, porting has been straight forward. I had to add a flag "-Xlinker
> -flat_namespace" to the CC in the makefile so that builds under 10.1.
> Right now, I am sort of stuck, I think. I get the following error during
> make World, and I don't know what to do about it, since it appears that
> both the Xaw and Xt libraries are needed. Any suggestions in resolving
> this?
>
> <snip>
>
> /usr/bin/cc -Xlinker -flat_namespace -o auedit auedit.o Graph.o -O -Wall

	Wow.  A command line on a Mac? ;-)  I'm not familiar with mac
programming at all, but it does look like you've got a reasonable X11
environment on it...

	Do you have xterm? Or any other common x programs that use Xaw
present?  If you could find out what options they are linking with, that
would show you the way.

	Did you use imake et. al. to get going?  I would think it would
have set things up properly for you...  I'm suspicious of
'-flat_namespace' myself...

	Sorry I can't be of more help...

	Out of curiousity, did libaudio and auplay build?

[...]

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.