[nas] error compiling on cygwin

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Dec 3 18:22:01 MST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 mbuch at IFF572.IFF.KFA-JUELICH.DE wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:52:58 +0100 (CET)
> From: mbuch at IFF572.IFF.KFA-JUELICH.DE
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] error compiling on cygwin
>
> Trying to complile nas on a recent cygwin system i get the
> following errormessages:
>
> Alibint.c: In function `_AuWaitForWritable':
> Alibint.c:225: `FIONREAD' undeclared (first use in this function)

	This is used in BytesReadable() defined in Alibint.h for
windows... It's supposed to return the number of bytes available to be
read from a socket...

	As to why it's no longer available in cygwin, I have no
idea... They would surely have an equivalent wouldn't they?

[...]

> Alibint.c: In function `_SysErrorMsg':
> Alibint.c:1351: conflicting types for `sys_errlist'
> /usr/include/sys/errno.h:23: previous declaration of `sys_errlist'

	Guess everyone's doing this properly now, so fixing this will be
easy ;-)

> I have searched the include files and there doesnt seem to be a FIONREAD
> declared on cygwin. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

I'm guessing from the Alibint.h windows include, that it used to be
defined in winsock.h, and no, as a non-windows programmer, I haven't a
clue.  Sorry.  It would be nice getting NAS working properly on modern
windows systems, so if you manage it, please send the patches ;-)

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.