[nas] libaudiooss 0.9.2

knan at mo.himolde.no knan at mo.himolde.no
Sat Sep 9 21:38:14 MDT 2000

Greetings.

I just uploaded a new version of libaudiooss, the library that fools OSS
programs into thinking your NAS server is just another soundcard. At
least, that's the ideal.

And in 0.9.2, that ideal is several steps closer.

* RealPlayer and its command-line alter-ego trplayer works now.

* SDL apps like plaympeg from Loki software's SMPEG library works now.

* TiMidity++ works again.

* nasd works. So now I can run another nasd on top of this lib, and then
   do another LD_PRELOAD / AUDIOSERVER stunt in another terminal and thus
   route sound through two nasd's and two instances of this lib before it
   reaches the speakers. Granted, the sound _does_ become a little choppy,
   but it works :)

In general, almost all simple OSS output-only programs work. MMAP-mode /
recording / full-duplex / AC-3 output does not work.

Download at: http://www.mo.himolde.no/~knan/linux.html

Test, have fun, find ( & preferably fix ) bugs :-)

To the people that have contacted me about a Solaris version: where did
you go?

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>