[nas] Compiler warnings

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Dec 12 21:20:11 MST 2000

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:23:43 +0000
> From: Steve McIntyre <stevem at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> To: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: [nas] Compiler warnings
>
> I've gone through the build I've just done and picked up several
> warning fixes. See the attached diff for details. Highlights:
>
> clients/audio/auconvert/auconvert.c:
> clients/audio/auedit/auedit.c:
>     warnings about mktemp(3) safety. The suggestion is to use mkstemp()
>     instead; I think I've done the right thing - comments please.

	With these, I added an Architecture check in the Imakefile, to
enable '-DHAS_MKSTEMP' for fbsd and linux.  My lowly UW2 box only supports
it in the ucb library, which I try to avoid...  This would be ideal for
autoconf someday... ;-)

> clients/audio/audemo/audemo.c:
>     Redefinition of strdup, easily fixed for Linux.

	Added.

> lib/audio/Alibint.c:
>     Losing "const" on sys_errlist[]: simple cast applied.

	Added.

> server/include/os.h:
>     Redefinition of alloca, easily fixed.

	That too.  Thanks!

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Free Mars!