[nas] re: Compiling under Solaris 2.6

David Morano morano at computer.org
Thu Aug 24 10:13:15 MDT 2000

> Anybody had any luck?

NAS 1.4 compiles pretty much fine under Solaris 2.6 (SPARC)
using ... (checking what I used) ... SunCompiler CC 4.0.
It probably builds fine using GCC also but I didn't check.

Note that there are a few warnings that come out.  Most of these appear
to be due to Sun's strict adherence to following the various standards
for what should and should not be declared in the namespace.  There
were a few pointer/interger things and one or more things related to
the fact that 'strdup()' is not in the normal (whatever that means)
namespace under some circumstances, nothing a few casts won't cleanup
up if you really care about a sparking clean compile.

Dave Morano
morano at computer.org