[conquest] AWK script for monitoring metaservers

madams at phantomware.ca madams at phantomware.ca
Sun Jun 21 10:16:16 MDT 2009

Hi,

I stumbled upon Conquest the other day and ended up spending the
better part of three hours playing it with my wife.  It's a terrific
game with a great GL client - it's too bad that it doesn't appear to
be too popular these days.

Anyway, I got to thinking that it would be useful to have an automated
script let us know if anyone else happened to be online.  I wrote this
up quickly in AWK; it assumes you have the gawk implementation and
are sending mail to local users but it might be handy for someone
else.

Cheers,

Matt

madams at phantomware.ca