[conquest] Conquest 8.4.1 (stable) is available
jon at radscan.com
Sat Sep 13 12:18:53 MDT 2008
Optional musicpak (unpack in ~/.conquest/):
SVN tagged release:
SVN current (possibly unstable) development:
Conquest 8.4.1 stable is now available. This version corrects some
issues with conquering players unable to leave their 'Last Words',
in the gl client and adds some aggressiveness in dealing with
Here's the HISTORY chunk:
8.4.1 (stable) 09/13/2008
- 8.4.1 stable release.
- fix bug introduced in 8.4 that prevented a conquering player from
leaving any 'Last Words'.
- make ship slot allocation a little more aggressive when ship slots
are in short supply. This eliminates occasions whereby all of the
slots could be taken by vacant ships and no one would be able to
Note, this means vacant ships can be stolen by clbFindShip() when
slots are in short supply on servers that allow vacant ships.
- in the old days, when you entered a new ship, you would enter with
your shields up. This behavior got lost in the distant past,
probably when the flags element was added to Ship_t. Now when you
enter a fresh ship, your shields will be up again.
- Change the server so that if a client connects with a different
revision of the common block, just note this in the log and
continue, rather than fail (disconnect) the client.
Since the protocol version is what really matters now, there's no
need to bother with a cmnblk revision check anymore.
- some more cleanups, while we were in there:
- remove support for 24 line curses displays. 25 is the minimum.
Remove alot of crap as a result.
- add the meta cgi stuff to the repository so it isn't lost.
- remove unneeded 'headerflag' global.
- update html versions of the manpages
- correct some problems in conquestgl in reporting certain errors
that could occur when the server could not allocate a ship slot.
Happy cheese in fear | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel! | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage. -Unknown | #include <std/disclaimer.h>
More information about the Conquest