[conquest] Re: new conquest strategy guide

David W. Payne dwpayne at gravitic.com
Fri Oct 20 13:16:42 MDT 2006

I read the web page and will read it again this weekend.

At that time I will give you some feedback.  Especially looking
forward to reading about macros which was not in the page
I checked.  I sincerely believe the newbies need some real help
in that area.   They do not recognize the true value of some
well thought out macros.

As far as the etiquette..... I tend to agree with Jon.   This is a game
where you CYA or loose it.   Better to play well, play safe, play RTS
than depend on your competition to abide by a set of arbitrary rules.

Looking forward to rereading the page.

Dave

Jon Trulson wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Almighty Tallest Cataboligne wrote:
>
>> All conquerors:
>>
>> The strategy guide has begun.  Check it out here.
>>

>>> http://chaos.rothrin.net/clog/index.php?itemid=17
>>

>> The text is 99% finished.  I still want to add more gfx to detail the
>> guidelines.
>>
>> I left out nefarious stuff from the etiquette section on purpose.  If
>> you
>> think anything there provides too much of a hint about cheating or
>> abusing
>> the game let me know straight up and I'll fix it.
>>

>         Hehe, I read it yesterday, will go through it again tonight
>         perhaps, if you've added more.
>
>         Some of it seemed ill-worded (difficult to understand).  Other
>         parts made me laugh in fond remembrance of battles long gone.
>         I especially like the 'strategy' tips :)  So true.
>
>         I did disagree with the etiquette mentions in two areas:
>
>         - that if you chase an opponent into his home system and kill
>           him, and he regens back and comes after you (who is probably
>           damaged or low on fuel) is somehow not honourable.
>
>           Au Contraire....  That's part of the game.  Hint: Don't kill
>           an opponent in an area where he will regen with a new ship
>           and kill you (like his home system) :) If you do, then good
>           luck :) It's possible to get out of those situations - I
>           have succeeded in simply cloaking and waiting for fuel/dam
>           to regen as a last resort.  Boring, but can work.  Also,
>           did't I do that to you once, twice? :)
>
>         - that attacking a vacant ship is dishonourable.  Sorry, but
>           if I find vacant warlike ships, I will kill them for the
>           easy kill points.  I have even successfully hunted cloaked
>           vacant ships too :)
>
>           If you want to go vacant, then hide.  Go somewhere out of
>           the way and cloak.  Maybe leave your shields up.  Don't
>           expect to be immune from attack just because you are
>           vacant. :)  The goal in war is to win.

"No Kill I", said the Horta to the Fly....

The way to make a small fortune in the stock market
is to start with a large one.

A hummingbird weighs less than a penny

Barbies full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts

Alfalfa sprouts and feta cheese contain bacteria that
could be harmful  to small children and pregnant women.

Almonds are members of the peach family.

Children grow faster in the springtime.