[conquest] Conquest 8.1.2 (stable) is available

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Dec 28 15:35:24 MST 2005

 	At the usual http://radscan.com/conquest.html

 	This version corrects a couple of potentially serious problems -
one where the server could deadlock in libc on linux systems, and one
'reproduced' on Dave's server yesterday that could cause a client to get
stuck in Mur when entering a game.  It also adds the fullscreen stuff from
Bill Patterson.

 	I have received a mondo patch from Cat with the some new icons and
such.  I will try to release a preliminary version that is mostly working
in the next week or so.

 	Here's the release notes snippet:

Version 8.1.2 (stable) 12/27/2005

         - fixed localtime() libc futex wait hang in conquestd by
           moving drcheck() out of the signal handler.  Bad Juju.
           Thanks to Bill Patterson for letting me have access to his
           server to locate the problem and test a fix.

         - fixed potential problem with ship attributes that could
           cause ships (including your own) to appear to be stuck in
           Murisak when you enter a game.  Now the clients will
           issue a CPCMD_RELOAD request to the server upon entering a
           ship so that data is always accurate.

         - add patch by Bill Patterson adding a '-f' fullscreen option
           to conquestgl.  Add '-g WxH' option to set the intial window
           size as well.

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad