[conquest] Conquest 8.0.1l (devel) is available

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Oct 22 23:49:42 MDT 2004

 	at http://radscan.com/conquest.html

 	8.0.1l (devel) is now available. This is an 8.1 prerelease
candidate. WooHoo :)

 	Both public servers at conquest.radscan.com have been upgraded to
this version. You will need at least version 8.0.1j or better to connect
to these servers.

 	Of course, if you are one of those die-hard retro telnet players,
you shouldn't notice any change. :)

 	There will be no more protocol changes, so it should be safe for
other server operators to upgrade.

 	Here is the release note snippet:

         - 8.1 release candidate.  Oh yes.

         - finshed implementation of variable encapsulated packet
           handling.  Should make it easier to add packet types in the
           future without neccessarily breaking network compatiblity.
           Of course, if the server/client does not understand the
           enacpsulated packet type, it will just discard it.  This is
           better than losing packet sync and ruining your whole day :)

         - I am switching over the main public server (1701) to this
           release so it can get more testing.  This means that after
           this release, you will need a 8.0.1j or better client in
           order to connect to any of the conquest.radscan.com servers.

           Of course for you die-hard retro telnet users, you shouldn't
           notice any change :)

         - I think the GL client is working well enough for a stable
           release now.  Of course there are tons of things that could
           be done to pretty it up more, but I think it's good enough
           for now.

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad